Tuesday, April 17, 2012

[REL] All Your Voice...2.1 (SC+FA)+Talking Money 1.1 (SC/FA)

Hi everyone !
ALL YOUR VOICE ARE BELONG TO US
*****************************
Here's a mod that will keep you aware of what's happening on the battlefield. I had a lot to say about it so I wrote a big ReadMe :P.
ReadMe|||Oh, there were unused voice alerts? Are they all from the same woman?



Bring on the community-acted voiceovers :D|||wtf? I can't believe that there are actually sounds like these and not used in SupCom by default! :shock: Why GPG... why?





Anyway, great Mod! I really hope you'll get it to work as UI-only too :)



HX 4.5|||quite cool, and really usefull, as long they dont annoy^^. We'll see.|||CommunistHamster|||This is verrrry interesting! Can't wait to see if you can get it to be a UI only thing!|||Would be great to have that as UI mod. Just remove this one:

Enemy infrastructures detected (factories)|||I think they all have a timeout before repeating. It can easily be changed.|||That's right.



Intel and economy VOs are set to 60 seconds.

Under attack VOs are set to 30 or 60 seconds.

The others are set to 1 or 5 seconds|||You, sir, are well deserving of a cookie. I will definitely be installing this (after making it UI-only).|||why is that not in vanilla SC? Dont get a reason...

Will try this out when i have my test behind me.|||Wow, this came out of nowhere. I like my PC talking to me in a friendly female voice. My trading program (NinjaTrader) does the same, and I have quite fallen in love with the lass's vocals.



I wonder whether GPG did this deliberately, as a form of encouraging the modding community get more involved and more creative. Remember them saying they want this to be the most moddable PC game there is?



Dicovering cool stuff for yourself is much more fun than having it handed to you on a plate.



So, what other goodies and easter eggs lie in wait for us in the code...?



cheers,

Astro.|||There are all kinds of unused functions and half done code. :)|||Download isn't working?



edit:nvm got it.|||Excellant job and this mod, i have tried it out twice and it works great! IT should of been part of orignal game and not left out. Keep up the good work!|||No offense to the voice actor...but it...sucks.



Really, that voice is almost as annoying and bland as "earthcom out"|||I've come across an interesting bug... civilian and unallied army units do not die properly. Here's what I did: started the game, disabled all mods but yours, started a skirmish match, loaded a basic enemy AI, and started a Sandbox game with cheats enabled. I then alt+f2 to create an unallied army scout, and as expected, my ACU zots it out of existence; however, the body does not die, there is no wreckage, and there is no explosion. The unit does stop moving & interacting with the world, though. I've checked the log, and come up with these problem areas:



Error running OnDamageBy script in Entity ual0101 at 2007f088: .../supreme commander/gamedata/lua.scd/lua/sim/unit.lua(3664): attempt to concatenate local `FactionName' (a nil value)



Error running OnKilled script in Entity ual0101 at 2007f088: .../supreme commander/gamedata/lua.scd/lua/sim/unit.lua(3759): attempt to concatenate local `FactionName' (a nil value)



Error running OnFailedToBuild script in Entity url0001 at 1d3d5000: .../supreme commander/gamedata/lua.scd/lua/sim/unit.lua(1541): Game object has been destroyed



If you would like the whole log.txt, let me know and I can email it to you.



Note that I've tried it on different maps with the same results. Opposing units die just fine, but neutral ones do not. Just thought that you should know.



The mod is pretty cool (I enjoy the extra voice warnings), but this little problem makes any map that has civilians a bit annoying... here's hoping that you can fix it up! Thanks again.|||Heh, ever since I found the mass quantity of voice overs not being used in game, I wanted to build this mod. Glad to see you got to it before I did!



Thanks for the mod!



-Krad|||MordainThade|||New (small) update, see first post.

I also corrected my translations (I discovered the vo_computer.lua file :)).



And I thought I'd keep you posted concerning the ui-only conversion : so far I've converted the Economy VOs (using economy.lua). Now I have to search for ui-side functions that are triggered when units are built/attacked/detected...I saw that brains could create triggers, I'll have a look at that. Anyway, if you know anything that could help me, just tell :wink:.|||Good to hear that you are already developing the UI-only version :)





I have a suggestion for extending this mod: since you are introducing more alerts to SupCom, so it is becoming again more like TA where you also where notified about units being attacked for example, could you mod in a "jump-to-last-alert" too? Like through the spacebar in StarCraft or the F3 button in TA (I think it was the F3 button?). And perhaps even make a General Alert Marker (F5) appear at that position.

Although I don't know if it is possible (or as easy) to retrieve the positional information about these alerts too.|||This is a fun mod, I haven't had a problem with 4th dimension, didn't notice anything anyway.

The only issue I have is that voice overs will talk over each other if there is two tiggers at the same time, often (for example) "Commander detected" and "Enemy installations detected". If you could fix it so that it check if any voice overs have just been triggered before playing the voiceover, that would be better.|||Cool mod HX,

It's useful and I find that the announcements help me to know what's going on. Just a small request though, during the single player missions, the enemy commanders taunt you. Some of these made it into multiplayer via the taunt-head system but some were misssed, could you include the missing taunts.

That would rock. :twisted:



K-lord|||@Spooky : great idea ! I'll try to make this as soon as I can.



@Agmar Strick : I thought of that and I finally didn't code it. But since you are suggesting it, it should get me to work :).



@K-lord : Actually, I've never played the single player campaign, and never used the taunt system in MP. I'll talk about this with a friend of mine that did. Meanwhile, can you describe this system a bit for me ?



By the way, exams are tomorrow and for the rest of the week. I'm also getting a 42" LCD HDTV ( :D :D :D ). so I'll be kind of busy. So plan an update for in two weeks. maybe a bit less.



Thanks for the support !|||A feature request: Could you change the Mass Critical VO to fire when mass is ABOVE 70% and rising? That's usually the point when you need to start spending more or risk wasting mass, which is the single most terrible mistake you can make in a game.



Mass wastage is a huge issue for players and you are almost always at below 30% mass in a decent game.



Maybe make it optional, too. Energy should always warn when it's getting low, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment