Monday, April 23, 2012

[FA]Seiya's Stuff - Bouncer shields, they amuse me

All mods can be found at http://supcom.theworldsofseiya.com/
Mods available:
Units
Anubis - MonkeyLord laser PD
Annihilator - High power pulse laser
Abyss - Electrified ball of death
Minimods
A minimod is a mod that changes only one very small part of the game. They are like mutators from TA. These are for theory/balacing purposes and for when you want something different.
SlowDown - Decreases build speed by half and increases cost by twice. Makes units cost the same per second, but take twice as long to build. For when you want a slower less hectic game.
RangedDefenses - TA had defenses that were superior to units in all ways. This takes the big missing component for defenses and gives it back to them, range. A Tier 1 rush is basically impossible now unless you do it enmasse. Or to put it another way, one T1 artillery unit will not kill your entire defensive line.
Overkill - Makes all units fire 5X as many projectiles as normal. This includes missiles, nukes, and everything that isnt a beam weapon. There is some extra inaccuracy introduced to spread out the projectiles a bit. Very CPU intensive in big fights.
All Units - Allows all factions to build all other faction's units and buildings.
Transport Abuse - Allows units to fire from a transport and shields to function. Warning, can be balance breaking.

Weird units
A collection of the odd things I make from time to time.
Holy Flame - A bunch of Aeons in a Czar went to Mexico, drank the water, got diarrhea and got drunk on Tequila. Now they stagger across the battlefield leaving quite the mess in their wake.
Beta units
Onion Shield - It is a layered shield.
Bouncing beams - A beta for an entity that allows beams to be bounced to new targets.|||filefront|||agreed, it's free, and really fast.|||if its less than 8 mb, feel free to mail it to me and I'll put it on my site :D|||mediafire is good|||I'd go with mediafire.|||Well I went with Mediafire for the time being. What is your website Legion? I didnt even know you had one.



Lets see, whats new:

The Anubis is basically only updated to FA. I still like how it works and it does it well. It is setup to go after higher tier units first.



The Annihilator should HOPEFULLY work equally for all. I ran into one bug where it will not hit T1 engineers. They are too short.... Anyways, it gets a buff to damage and projectile speed, plus it has a new priority setup so it should hit T3 and T2 before going after anything else. This should make it a good compliment to their existing toys.



The Abyss got a massive overhaul. The old version did what I wanted, and did it how I wanted, but I was never happy. So I gave it the death orb projectile. I never wanted to give it to the Aeon (its supposed to be Cybran), but what can you do. And if you think it doesnt hit hard enough, keep in mind that it can hit planes in its area of effect.



Let me know what you think and what changes you want. If you want new models, well your going to have to make them since I suck at modeling.|||So I am going to throw some theory stuff out there also. What is this? It is small mods that change how the game works to see if they make the game better. We are starting with Slow Down. It doubles all build times and build costs. This has the net effect of making the cost per second the same, but take twice as long to build. Once again, let us know what you think.|||my site is www.darrath.kilu.de/mods :p

but only I can upload to it.



edit:



I uploaded your slowdown mod here: http://www.darrath.kilu.de/mods/slowdown.scd



I couldn't download the other one. The download never "finished" and I got stuck with a corrupted file :/

I'll try to download it again later.



edit2: I forgot to say that I think mediafire sucks :p|||Seiya, does the Aeon T3 PD actually work? I couldn't hurt T1-T2 units, the projectile just dissipated in the air, it would most likely miss T3 units and just about hit a Colossus in the head.



Not yet tried the other factions.|||Actually, it doesnt need to hit something to hurt it. It "shoots" nearby enemies as it flies through the air. In the current version, it is a little hard to see, but I have a newer version that makes it a lot easier. Just zoom in on where it is firing and you should see streamers coming off the the projectile and hitting units as it flies by.|||I can has new hosting?



http://supcom.snappydressers.net/|||Quote:|||Welcome back, Seiya.|||I actually did slow down before my last disappearance. But it seems mediafire deleted all of my files. Oh well. I have my own webspace again so hosting isnt an issue. That said, time to go looking through what I was working on and relearn lua since I havent touched it in 8 months. Giving up on Heroes since TotalVeterancy does it just fine. Next project is to get my electric snake weapon working I think.|||Electric Snake weapon o.O, welcome back|||Added a new mini-mod. It makes your static defenses have 1.5X their normal range. Artillery cannot fire at this range though due to how the physics for high arc projectiles work, aka, I need to increase their speed. I could fix it, but for now I think it works as a really minor limit.|||New minimod, Overkill. Also added in my old weird unit the Popper Shield Artillery.|||seiya|||Welcome back Seiya,



Also don't forget to add it to the Released Mods List



Mike|||I wants screenshoz!|||Well, I had a harddrive crash and when I went to reinstall FA, I found the disk was scratched all to hell somehow. Until further notice, all my work is on hold until I can get a new copy. And yes, THQ will replace disks, but they require an original receipt, which I do not have anymore. So unless someone has a good idea how to get a replacement disk, I cant do anything until I get the money up for a new copy.



Note: I am a college student, money is tight right now.|||seiya|||mangriff|||if you still have the key, just torrent the image and install with your key.



not that using your key to install matters at all; your legit. key is still associated with your GPGNet account, and that's what lets you online.

No comments:

Post a Comment