Tuesday, April 17, 2012

[FA][WIP][REL]Auto ReclaimV1 redux 08/16/10

Auto reclaim is a mod that makes it so engineers will attempt to reclaim/capture/repair anything in their build radius whenever they are idle. Due to the potential of wasted mass, the will only reclaim if you are under 50% storage of mass and will stop once they are above 90%
The Commander spews errors on any reclaimable items around him when he first warps in. Delaying the start of his script does not help this.
Engineering stations never idle so they do not join in on the fun.
http://supcom.theworldsofseiya.com/seiy ... eclaim.scd|||Wow... thanks for this! I've been looking for something like this for a long time! I don't know why I never requested it :P
Anyways, I have a few questions regarding the mechanics.
1) If you set an engineer to follow another unit around (using the assist command), is it considered idle when they stop moving? I'm asking this because it'd be nice to if I could just set a group of engineers to follow units in a platoon and have them make repairs to it when they stop moving.
2) Since engineering stations assist other engineers within their radius, will they assist an engineer if it starts auto-reclaiming something? If this is the case, you could make a group of engineering stations auto-reclaim just by leaving a single engineer in their midst. :P
3) Does this affect the ACU/SCUs/anything else with an engineering suite?
Thanks again for this really useful mod! :D|||Kahooli|||Superb, this is one of the very cool features of SupCom2 I really like to see in SupComFA.
I will follow the progress on this mod like a hawk.
Thank you so much.|||Just an update on it. There are some problems with the original version.
First, it applies to units that have upgrades, but cannot build anything. This means shields, mexes, etc. The problem is exacerbated by certain mods (Learned Commander and I think TVg both are guilty here) because they can cause all units to have the build ability. I changed how it decided what is set to run the watch script on to units that have the 'ENGINEER' category. It removed most of the units that it shouldnt run on and cut down on the overhead dramatically.
Second, I left a test value in there. The mass watching thread was set to check every tick. The overhead this caused was... excessive. I set it to once a second. It will be a little less efficient, but much less CPU intensive.
Third, units will not assist ACUs and SCUs who are adding enhancement. I assume that all enhancements will have this problem. Mexes, shields, and factories all build new units on top of themselves for all intents and purposes so they get assisted properly. I am not certain how to fix this one or if I even want to. Enhancements can be extremely expensive and having them auto-assisted could cause massive economy crashes.
Fourth, I need to add a button to turn off the script since it is possible for engineers to assist something they should (like an experimental) or repair something expensive (like an ACU). This can easily lead to an economy crash.|||I dumped the scd into the GameData folder, but it does not show up in the mod manager.
I have several other mods installed like for example
-Sorian's Ai
-Duncane's AI
-BlackOps
-Community Bugfix patch|||I dont really haved the directory structure setup to be used out of the gamedata directory. Right now it is expected that it will go into
My Documents/Gas Powered Games/Forged Alliance/mods|||Thank you Seiya.
I will try My Documents/Gas Powered Games/Forged Alliance/mods.
Because it is an scd file I presumed it should go in GameData.|||Usually they can, but I was being lazy when I made the SCD and didnt take the extra step to get that to work.|||Hi,
Fark, i was going to make this mod! (and thats no lie)
Is ok though i have another idea ;)
well done! :)|||Seiya,
It turns out I can not use mods in the directory path you stated.
Since my move to Windows 7 SupcomFA can not see any maps or mods in that directory.
I must uses the mods directory in the root of SupcomFA or I must use SCD files in Gamedata.
I tried your mod in the mods folder in the FA root directory, but that doesn't work either.
I hope you will eventually find the time to create a working SCD because your mod would be a very welcome addition to my game.
Thanks in advance.
EDIT:
Got the mod working. I unpacked the scd and put the files in the mod folder of the game itself.
It worked very well, but immediately I noticed a really severe slowdown of my game with the mod activated. After I removed the mod the game ran at perfect speed on a 20x20 map with 5 AI (Duncane's) until the end.
I have an i7 920, Nvidia GTX 295 and I run Windows 7 64 bit with 12Gb memory.
I also use Core Maximizer for FA.|||Yeah, as I said, there was something silly I left in there that can make it apply to every unit and do its check every tick the game runs. Needless to say, it is kind of performance crushing. I have a fix, but I also have some problems on my computer that I have my mods on and cannot upload the fixed version quite yet. I will upload the fixed version as soon as I can get my computer working again (I think I have to get a replacement motherboard or processor >_< ).|||Thanks Seiya.
I'll be eagerly awaiting the update.|||Ouch Seiya, good luck with that! Can't have you without computer during your weeks off!
On the mod, intriguing, there's some categories you can use, ie specific for reclamation (those Aeon T3 bots gotta do something) or repairing (Mantis), showqueue lists all builders and factories.|||Well, here is the latest and greatest version of my mod. Fixes and improvements include:
1. Doesnt lag everything to death. Removed the testing values that caused the lag. Also removed the problem with getting spammed on startup by errors. They were related.
2. Fixed an issue with the wrong command being given rarely.
3. Fixed the stop reclaim thread from not working... yeah, it never worked.
4. Units will only queue for one item at a time. I was going through queue'ing and and entire area's worth of reclaims and repairs in one go. This was tying up the unit for prohibitively long periods of time. The downside is, this is the least tested feature I have done and I dont like how I did it. If you have problems with a game slowing down overtime/units stopping from auto doing their thing, 90% this is the culprit. There is nothing I can do about it, or even test it more, until tuesday since I am at a wedding until then.
So have fun.
http://supcom.theworldsofseiya.com/seiy ... claim1.scd|||This is sim side yeah?
EDIT: Check the code... yes it is.|||duncane|||Great. Thanks for this update.
Does the scd work as expected now (via gamedata), or do I have to unpack?
EDIT 1: I already discovered I have to unpack the scd. :)
EDIT 2: The mod froze my game. I noticed that the engineers did not start autreclaiming, but instead started immediately autoassisting the factory that had produced them. When I tried to order them away from the factory my game started to stutter and froze entirely.|||Thats... interesting. As I had said, I had not really had a chance to test it heavily (like 5 minutes max) before I had to leave for a wedding. Let me go look at what I can see. I have a feeling my worst fear
Well, I am home again and on my recovery from my vacation week. Lets see what I can do that is constructive.|||I found the bug. Here is an updated version that doesnt have an exponentially increasing number of threads....
http://supcom.theworldsofseiya.com/seiy ... aim1v2.scd|||I will try it out as soon as possible.
I am in the process of moving core partitions to another HDD at the moment, because one of my main HDD's is approaching early demise.|||Wow, I want this!
comments:
version 1:
works,
but it turned my computer from a +10 sim speed to a -9 sim speed in just 30 minutes (and my computer is really really powerful).
version 2:
does not work at all
(i tried both versions in my mods folder)
request:
an on/off button somewhere in the user interface. preferably very small, and move-able.
thx,
veqryn|||What other mods are you running?
Any chance you can look at the console and tell me what error it is getting?
I am asking because I have been using it all night tonight without any errors.|||I put the latest version in my gamedata folder and it didn't work....it did slow things down though xD
I think.

Anyways I was running:
BlackOps Unleashed
BlackOps Advanced ACUs
4DC
Hotstats
Supreme Economy
UOKC
TVg4.x
I believe that was all of the mods I was running.
I really want to get this and your area commands to work, those are my two most missed things from SC2.
Also I'm not sure if it was this or not (I doubt it really) but the one game I tried to play with allt hose mods and this I had problems selecting buildings. I'd click and double click and the build menu wouldn't show up until I did a box over them with the mouse. Probably unrelated though.|||i tested the second version, with no other mods running except for sorian AI and duncan's AI fix.
no ui mods or other mods running, and it did not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment