Monday, April 23, 2012

Supreme commander (not FA) campaign mod enabler

Hello. I'm trying to use a couple of mods using the campaign mod enabler. The enabler itself seems to be working, as certain mods (unsure about the unit mods, but the x2 buildspeed/resource mod, which is coincidentally, the only one I would be able to notice at the beginning that is within it's own seperate folder, rather than just an .scd file. It seems to only work in the "mods" folder, since when I remove it, it goes away, but not when I remove the one I put in the gamedata folder (I just want this to work). The one I really want (besides the X2) is exavier's ACU upgrades mod. What's really infuriating about this mod is that it looks like it's going to work-- the upgrade paths are there, instead of the normal ones. However, when I go through and do the first upgrade (the tier 2 build setup, with resource gain) it gives me tier 2 build (speeds, I haven't gotten the build anything anytime mod working yet) it doesn't give me the resource gain, which leads me to the assumption that it's not working somehow.



Other mods that don't work are resource rich X2 and X3.

I have FA, and currently on patch 3.255 (I didn't use .280 as I thought that was the problem before I reinstalled)



I just want to have some fun with this, I don't understand why it's not working!



Edit: the "mods" folder in the install directory, not the one in my documents where the vault installs. Those do NOT work.|||ok so this is for Vanilla? if that is the case i can only assume your using Exaviers Vanilla ACU mod, and not the FA one. the FA will not work in vanilla.|||Blackops Advanced COmmand Units more than likely will not work with vanilla supcom.



Exavier's ACUs is not supported with the campaign mod enabler OR the AI as I didn't know how either worked back then :?



Probobly explains some of the trouble your having.|||Yup. It's a heck of a lot easier to find out that it just doesn't work in general, rather than it's something I'm doing wrong. I'm disappointed, but at least I know why. I am using Exavier's, as I liked the multiple levels of increase, it seemed more fun in a campain mode game. Also, the vanilla supcom campaigns are less... populated with experimentals than the FA campaigns.



But no, I wouldn't try a FA mod on a vanilla game.



Thanks for all your help and advice.|||Actually I am a little surprised the vanilla version doesn't work in campaign as on one hand it doesn't suffer from some of the issues the FA version suffers from. FA "replaces" the ACUs with a custom set but the old vanilla versions where direct overrites.



One thing to consider is the patch version of the game as (and you may have to check the thread to see what version the last one supported) but there was a major change to the way mods where handled about half way through vanilla's life. The file structure change (removal of the "modules" folder) made it so that you had to make sure you had the right version or scripts flat out broke.



If you meet version requirments then unfortunatly not much can be done as the vanilla version is an abandoned project.|||byw, is there a mod for the UI in Campaign mode, like GAZ or Gooms, but for the campaign?

No comments:

Post a Comment