Monday, April 23, 2012

[REL - FA - UI only] 5iver Nukem v4 (vault)

Wishing you were alerted when you have a nuke/missile to launch? I was. This UI-only mod will show silos with nukes/missiles that are ready to go in the Avatars Bar with Idle Engineers and Factories. It appears to be fully functional but needs some testing. Please let me know if you find any issues or conflicts with other mods.
KNOWN ISSUES:
  1. Avatar Bar needs to be moved up (or Control Group Bar down)
  2. Showing/Hiding the details creates overlapping windows if the details for idle engies or factories is also open

FUTURE ENHANCEMENTS:
  1. Considering going straight to firing instead of selecting
  2. Put silos at the bottom instead of in between engineers and factories

RELEASE NOTES:
v1
  1. initial release

v2
  1. fixed image

v3
  1. I'd added a delay in how often the idle engineers, factories and nukes were updated but this caused some lag in the icons displaying. Went from 25 to 5 ticks.

v4
  1. Added T4 icons for each faction
  2. Added a startup delay so that ACU doesn't lose focus

Thanks to the help here... http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45236&start=0
And check out my survival map... http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?p=770686#770686|||I can only see v2 in the vault
tried this, does work and useful, but lags out my idle engie/factory screen for at least 2 or 3 seconds which is a huge amount and would need addressing before I could use it properly.|||hmmm... I see... the version I'm using has been great (no lag in icons). Let me take a look and see what happened.|||phlarrrg... I don't know how but the version in the vault never got updated to v3. Fixing...|||OK... v3 is up now. I hadn't learned how to properly version things in the Vault yet. Sorry for the headache and thank you for letting me know!|||Hi!
Im using the second version of this mod since you released it and i like it.
However the 2nd version worked flawlessly the third version is unusably buggy.
It messes up my whole queuing system. Sometimes i cant even place my first factory for 10 seconds sometimes my shift key just does not work with v3 enabled. Strangely these problems disappear when i pass the first 30 second of the game, but that first 30 second is very important...
I returned back to v2 and its fine again.
I advise to remove v3 from the vault until you fix this bug.
If you need specs about my system i would give them to you gladly to address this matter.
If you need someone to create the remaining icons just tell me i have experience in things like that.
Thank you!|||I'm vacationing and won't be at my pc to look into this until late next week. Since I know the mod works on my pc and several others', my initial guess is that it is your system. The changes from 2 to 3 would have caused a slight performance hit. If everything is OK after 30s, you are probably running core maximizer which turns on after 30s. You might want to adjust this and see if it helps. What are your system specs? Just curious if they are high or low. Maybe do some cleanup, defrag, latest video driver, disable AV, kill all other programs that are running, use Core Maximizer if you aren't, set your resolution to the native res of your LCD (this actually has a surprising difference in game), reduce video settings, turn off any extra intel that your not needing, disable other mods (are you running anything else?), etc.
Help with the icons would be great! Fixing them has been really low on my list, but it would be cool to have it done. I'll ping you about it next week. Could also use some help with prettying up my old map and a new one that should be ready for release in a month or so.|||Sorry i did not want to bother you on your vacation.
PM me when your back.|||v4 is in the Vault. Put in a startup delay so that ACU should stay selected (thank you moller!). This was only an issue when pre-built units were off. Also got the T4 icons in.|||Hello. Can anyone upload this mod at other hosting? I can't connect to the vault.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment