Monday, April 23, 2012

[FA][REL]Area Commands4 - Carpet Bombing 08/20/10

THIS IS NOT UI ONLY!
Area commands is a mod that adds in the ability to do "paint attack" type commands in FA. It also allows you to setup carpet bombing runs with bombers, nukes, and TMLs.
To use, first press 'X', this will be you into 'PaintAttack Mode'. While in this mode, whenever you are pressing shift, you will queue up for attack any units that are under the red circle.
If you press 'C' while in PaintAttack Mode, you will go into "CarpetBomb Mode". This mode will queue up ground attacks in an expanding circle (the size dependent on the area of affect of the unit's main weapon) all of the units you have selected. What this means is, if you have only one unit, it will just do a single attack on the ground. If you have 7, you will will attack an area roughly 2X the radius of damage the weapons do. I assume the units selected are homogeneous. While you can use this with units that do not have area of effect, it will not do much. This works with normal units, nukes, and TMLs. However, if a unit (UEF ACU for example) can get a nuke, but not has it as its main weapon, it will react like it does not have the nuke. This is intended.
If you press 'X' again in either PaintAttack or CapetBomb, you will go into 'PaintReclaim Mode' It works the same as PaintReclaim, only for reclaimables. It will not allow you to queue up reclaiming enemies though.
Finally, if you press 'Z' at anytime, you will clear out the modes and go back to the normal cursor.
http://supcom.theworldsofseiya.com/seiy ... mands4.scd|||I am REALLY looking forward to this. There was something like this a while back, but it kept freezing my game if I remember correctly.|||Yes please go ahead with this :D|||Well, now that as far as I can tell, Area-Reclaim should be working, it is time to start working on this one again. I really need to get carpet bombing for nukes in.... The actual code to do this is not that hard. I just need to figure out how to do something in UI to improve the UI for area commands. That first,t hen to add in new patterns. Anyways, that is for after I wake up.|||seiya|||slinki|||I have a feeling that my website is about to go nuclear... but, here it is, paint attack.
http://supcom.theworldsofseiya.com/seiy ... mands2.scd
Press 'X' to enable paint attack, press it again to turn it off. If you know how to make it on only when 'X' is being pressed, let me know. Otherwise, it stays a toggle.
This is repeatedly queue up commands on things in the area. I am still working on a way to get around that cleanly. I havent succeeded yet.
There will be more modes added in shortly. This is the one people want the most so here you go.
A note. This will likely lag to high hell. It is a first working pass. Every UI tick, it sends a command to queue up everything in the target area to be attacked.
I also do not check if a unit can take an attack command right now. I am letting the engine do that on its own.
There are a lot of other checks I should do, but hey, it works right now. Test it out and let me know if anything weird happens.|||In a small bit of amusement for me, I screwed up the last one I uploaded. I didnt include a file that was very necessary. So, here is a new version, with the file included, and a "I am sorry" preset called PaintReclaim. Yes, you can now reclaim with a sweep of the mouse.
Press X once to go to PaintAttack and then press it again to get to PaintReclaim. Press it one last time to go back to normal.
http://supcom.theworldsofseiya.com/seiy ... mands3.scd|||IsKeyDown('Keyname') is probably the command you're looking for. Not all keynames are exactly what you'd expect, e.g. 'Menu' for alt.|||AAANNNNDDDDD, version 4. Main changelog is in the first post.
http://supcom.theworldsofseiya.com/seiy ... mands4.scd|||Hi,
nice idea - but crashes the game after start (GFX trash - like render task crashes).
Hope you can fix it ...
Regards
R-TEAM|||Normally, at this point I would go, "You are doing it wrong". Normally, I dont screw up my UID.
http://supcom.theworldsofseiya.com/seiy ... nds4v2.scd
That has the single missing letter added back in and should work now.|||Hi,
thanks - it runs now ;)
(have only testet quickly - no time for game :P )
Regards
R-TEAM|||This is the whole reason I made carpet bombing a part of this mod:
Image
What you are looking at is 19 nukes going off in 3 concentric circles... well, more like the after math. I did that shot first because this one is a little hard to see what is going on:
Image
If you want pretty pictures, this is the number of units to do it with in number of circles:
1: 1
2: 7
3:19
4:37
5:61
6:91
I really need to get a picture of some Strategic bombers doing the same. With 61, you can level an entire base in one pass basically.|||Thanks for working on this mod.
That last post however has left me somewhat confused. Not sure what those ratios mean.|||Using one bomber will damage things in one bomber's damage radius.
Using 7 bombers will damage things in 3 bombers' damage radius (one ring of bombs outside the central bomb).
Using 19 bombers will damage things in 5 bombers' damage radius (two rings of bombs outside the central bomb).
etc.|||Ah right get it now.|||I've put the .scd into my gamedata folder but when I try it, pressing x doesn't do anything. :(|||I went back to doing my .scd files the right way, aka, without an explicit mod folder. You will need to put it in either the /mods off of the gamedata folder, or better yet, in /my documents/gpg/supcom:FA/mods . Insert the full name of the directories as needed. And sorry for the short answer, but I am tired and heading to bed right now.|||Nice work. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I hope with your future versions you work some of the lag out.|||I need to look into how the nuke decal works better, but I have a feeling the lag is basically unavoidable. If you look at how much the nuke decal lags, that is basically the best you can do without it being coded into the engine like the base attack commands.

No comments:

Post a Comment