Thursday, April 19, 2012

[REL][FA]Wreckage Reduction v0.2 (mass reclaiming) 11/12/10

Ok, so it's something I've been thinking about for a while, keep on hearing people making comments on, and frankly... is so easy to do I'm surprised no one has yet.
The point behind this mod? Reduces the reclaim % from wreckage from the GPG default of 81% to 40%.
How does it do it? First, it increases the mass multiplier in the wreckage section of the blueprint. Yes, yes... I know I said this mod reduces the reclaim %, keep your pants on, I'm getting there. It increases the MassMult value from 0.9 to 1 (but not through overriding... it multiplies the current value by (1/0.9) which for a value of 0.9, results in 1. This was done so other modders can still specify their own MassMult numbers and have it scale with GPG's default). Now, for how it reduces it.... Default, (and thanks to Mithy for pointing this out to me... I was never sure what numbers were being multiplied together) GPG multiplies the MassMult AND HealthMult numbers from the blueprints. At GPG's values of 0.9 each, this gives us our 81%. Well, I just increased the MassMult to 1, but if we're going to have something worth only 40% of it's original Mass, it makes sense for it to only have 40% of its original Health. Thus, the HealthMult is reduced to 0.4 (again, not by override. Takes the original and multiplies by (0.4/0.9)). Now we have 1 * 0.4 = 0.4 or 40% mass from reclaiming from a wreck. They are thus also easier to destroy. ;)
Effects from this mod? Well, for starters, reclaiming your enemies failed assaults isn't as effective anymore. Depending on which end your on, this could be good or bad. :lol: Another affect, though, that I actually rarely see get mentioned, is that now rebuild bonuses are no longer useless. It's actually worth it to get the rebuild bonus of 50% now instead of reclaiming then rebuilding.
Anyway, without any further ado:
Download:
Wreckage Reduction v0.2
Install Instructions:
Download
Unzip to: (My) Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods (create it if it isn't there)(ensure proper file structure in that you only have to open WreckageReduction folder once to see mod_info.lua)
Play!
Change Log:
V0.2
Revamped method of reduction. It now increases MassMult to a solid 1 (based on GPG default), and reduces HealthMult to a mere 0.4 (based on GPG default).
Ignores EnergyMult now (it's 0 in most all GPG BPs anyway).

v0.1
Reduces all Mult values by a flat /2.|||The wreckage base value (MassMult = 0.9) is also modified by the wreckage health percentage (HealthMult = 0.9). Consequently, wreckage with reduced health (from any damage, including reclaiming) has its value reduced accordingly. HealthMult can be changed in the blueprint the same as MassMult.|||Ah-ha! I was wondering where the other 0.9 was... I saw the HealthMult there but it never occurred to me that was where it was coming in for the 81%. v0.2 coming up (Bug fix XD)|||Released v0.2
Revamped the method I was using a little, too.|||Nice fury! ;)|||Nice !|||Hi,
nide idea ;)
But i think i stay at the default behavor ...
It is tru you get by rebuild 50% and by reclaim 81% - but here you musst first reclaim and then 100% rebuild - cost much more time than only rebuild.So i see the 50%
rebuild bonus is fair (IMHO ;) )...
I use a modifyed version from WrekDecay anyway - so it is a bit more complicatet ;)
Regards
R-TEAM|||RxTEAM,
True, however, one of the largest complaints that I've seen about reclaim is that it gives too much mass. It's too easy to use the wreckage of a defeated enemy's army to build one of your own that is of almost equal strength (well, 81%, actually). It is like a "turtler's dream" (but don't get me wrong... turtling is my play style :lol: ). A lot of people liked the reduced reclaim %ages in SC2, although I think I saw some comments early on about how they may have went too low.
The rebuild bonus is just an extra little boon. And when it comes down to it, build time doesn't matter. Mass-swarm-power-build negates that.|||Excellent mod! :) I'd been thinking for a long time the reclaim percentage was too high. Tried this mod last night, and it works great! Thanks for the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment