Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Support for Patch 3603 in Major/updated Mods ....

Hi,
as i never played ladder/ranked-games over GPG-Net and in last time multiplayer over
VPN (as my router have it inbuild) i dont need GPG-net.
So i installed the 6303 patch - and .. simply ... it is a little faster, more stable and
i wish all my mods would support this patch ...
IMHO the black-ops mods would run with it...
But i am unsure from the 4DC mod ...
And one problem is the BugFixPack and the mods that build uppon this (Furrys mods).
First is the V4 version for 3603 - it is not more available .. ?
Second - all mods of furry relay on the 3599 version of the BFP4 ....
Any chance of sort the problems ? :)
Regards
R-TEAM|||Well, the BlackOps Team doesn't officially support the 3603 Patch, but they are compatible(as far as we know, i don't think anyone has ever gotten back to use regarding issues with 3603), but the blance will likely be off.
Mike|||Hi,
thanks OrangeKnight for the replay ;)
The balance should not a such big problem, as all changed units stats can with an additional mod take back in the 3599 values .... the engine changes cant reached with an mod only solution (like the 3603 mod ...).
So for single player and player that dont care for the GPG-Net stuff it is the best and most stabel sollution .....
PS. Sorry Fury - have already misspelled your nick .........(think ever time on Furry ...mmmmhh .. ;) )
Regards
R-TEAM|||The 3603 mod is still available in the GPGnet vault. My FTP went down and I haven't taken the time to rehost stuff yet, if ever.|||My mod has some 3603 changes in it =p My next release will have a few more in it XD|||Hi,
have now finaly found the 3603 beta 1 version of the CBFP V4.
Have seen that Furys bugfix mod and Bug Fix AA ACU and BuffBugFixCompatibility mod
relay on the 3599 beta 4 CBFP V4.Have changed the mod_info.lua files from the above
mods to play with the 3603beta1.Hope this will go nice ....
After reading over the CBFP, the only differences from the 3599beta4<>3603beta1 is
the "3603 patch" fixed bugs that striped from the 3603beta1 version ....
@Legion Darrath
I think you have me missunderstand .... ;)
I dont need the changes in the units stats or lua files that give me both the "3603 mod" and the "3603 patch".
I needed the engine/exe changes that give me the "3603 patch" ONLY !
As i have writen in the general forum - as example, the ram usage is after installing the "3603 patch" big going down ... and this is not (naturaly) happen (or rechable) with an "mod only" mod .... only patching the exe will doing this ...
Regards
R-TEAM|||Honnestly I don't see the point in patch 3603... As far as i know of if was a half hearted attempt at a patch so not really worth my time to intergrate into 4DC. (Besides, it's optional)
Now, if GPG did something like develop more then a half baked release I'd be all over if... However just like GPG's track record with mod support, ya can wish in one hand and sh!t in the other as see which one fills up faster.
Resin|||If the engine itself has changed, is it possible to run the patch to get the updated executable file, and then replace everything in your .bin directory with the contents of the new .bin directory?
This should maintain all of the stats of the pre-patch game, and give the benefits of the engine patch?
Thoughts?|||Hi,
@Resin_Smoker
i dont play FA so much (and zero in ladder or online ranking - only singleplayer or multiplayer with friends ...) so i dont feel the same as you ...
I cant comment on the balance changes the patch made (if he good or bad), but i CAN see the engine changes the patch bring me ...
More stability , much less RAM usage , little faster - this points i like.
I dont think besides the balance thing it make problems to use 4DC and 3603 ....
But i still have a little hope we will see an additional "Final" patch for FA ... ;)
@HTKatzmarek
It would be more easy and safe to change all unit changes from the 3603 patch with an simply mod back to the 3599 values.
As i have seen - all (i hope) unit changes documented - so it would be only a little bit work to create an mod that overwrites (merge) the 3603 values with the 3599..
The only problem i see is - the mod musst be used very first so that other mods that relay on the 3599 values can work flawles.....
Regards
R-TEAM|||Well if a complete patch is released, I'll definetly jump on it... Otherwise it's just a new toy for lan parties until I learn otherwise.
P.S. If anyone can detail the engine changes inso far as how it releates to scripting and units, I'd love to hear it... If you can convince me via huge amounts of detail and how it's worth while, I'd update 4DC for it. until then, it aint going to happen.

Resin|||I have to agree that the engine changes are worth the update. I've noticed the following changes since updating to patch 3603.
1) The game load time with many mods (BlackOps, 4D, etc) is substantially reduced. It used to take 30 seconds or so for the warping in screen, now, it's about 5 seconds, same hardware.
2) Memory usage late in the game is substantially reduced. I don't have any quantitative numbers yet, but several of my buddies playing the game have commented on the lower memory usage.
3) Sim speed seems slightly increased. It appears that about +.5 game sim speed is gained during the longer games (45 mins +).|||BTW, I'm running patch 3603 with 4DC, BO, BO ACUs, and Sorian AI. Everything seems to work fine. (Of course the balance changes are there, which you may or may not like.)|||HTKatzmarek|||I'm still running Core Maximizer with 3603, same as before. As far as I can tell, it works the same.|||Guys i just run a quick 20min test between 2 sorian 2.1.1. ai 6x cheating ais (750min) on "Setons Lite" map on my low end machine (w7 64bit, core2duo e6750 2.66, gf210 2gigs ram) - I as a player was the bystander.
Here are the results:
Simspeedwise there is very little improvement maybe 0.5 like mentioned before but as ai played differently the result may differ. Mod loading speed at the beginning (14 mods totally) decreased from 120 seconds to 15 seconds (very surprising). Gameplay was MUCH more smoother, it was the most noticing improvement because it affected the whole game performance. Ram usage decreased from 1.88 gigs to 1.61 gigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment