Monday, April 16, 2012

[FA] just for fun

Hi,
this is just for fun.. something that took me 5 mins to create :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGQSnk_OQJw
just thought id share it.. :)|||Heh. You got too much time on your hands.
Mind sharing it? lol|||It's in the mod support download... you just have to add your own icons.
Resin|||hehe cool isnt it..
FuryoftheStars|||and lol, i only have a fleeting few hours a day/night to mod supcom.. but while im not modding my mind is ticking over what i can do lol..|||My mind ticks on it too... but my fleeting few hours are on an every other month basis right now. :lol:|||FuryoftheStars|||This is for furyofthestars..
made a lil mod so you can see how i did it.. :| nothing specail.. and not for any game usage :)
in the video i basicly just created a checkbox on the screen and attached the game over gfx to it, when you click the checkbox (just under the options tab) the game over gfx will display and grow.. on next click it will shrink and dissappear..
as you can see from the code its rather easy to add things to the ui and make them do things when clicked.. this is how the ui is populated with gfx..
its a good mini tutorial actually on how to display something on the ui and how to place it where you want it.. :) i used a checkbox in this example.. but throughout the lua in supcom is many examples on how to make gfx flash/shrink/grow become transparent ect.. its all very easy when broken down like in this example..
Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDmWV99AhA
Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?qcksopwrtjhljys
to use the mod you will also need to download my mod support (DMS)
its a required mod :)|||Thanks Domino, I'll look when I can.
It just dawned on me too, that when I made the comment on "sharing it", that both you and Resin took it to mean sharing the mod. I actually meant sharing your time. ;)
But yeah, I know practically nothing about the UI at this point. I could probably learn it if I had the time (!), but either way I'm sure your little demo mod would be a good stepping stone for me. Thanks. :)|||FuryoftheStars|||Domino|||Mithy|||When you say create a new folder, presumably this would be within your mod's folder. I assume that you then have to hook/insert something in a layout table to point to the path for these files?|||Mithy|||Domino|||Mithy

No comments:

Post a Comment