Thursday, April 12, 2012

[REL-FA] Cheating AI Adjustment Options 0.9

[:1]This mod is for Forged Alliance.



This mod requires the Lobby Enhancement Mod



All players must have this mod installed for it to work.



This mod IS NOT (and can not be) Mod Manager compatible.



This mod will add 6 new options to the game lobby screen:



Note: This option currently for Sorian AIs only (v1.2+)

AI Land Expansion Limit: Sets the maximum number of land expansions the AI can have. It will still be adjusted based on the numbers of AIs in-game.



Note: This option currently for Sorian AIs only (v1.2+)

AI Naval Expansion Limit: Sets the maximum number of naval expansions the AI can have.



AIx Cheat Multiplier: Sets the resource multiplier for the cheating AI.

Options: 1.0 to 6 in 0.1 increments



AIx Build Multiplier: Sets the build multiplier for the cheating AI.

Options: 1.0 to 6 in 0.1 increments



AIx Omni Setting: Sets whether the cheating AI gets omni or not. If you turn this off the AI will build intel units and buildings like normal.

Options: on or off



Note: This option currently for Sorian AIs only (v1.7.4b+)

AI TML Randomization: Sets the randomization factor for the AIs TMLs. Higher number means less accurate.

Options: 0% to 20% in 2.5% increments.



To Install:

Download the file below and unzip the .scd file to your /gamedata folder.



http://sorian-ai-mod.googlecode.com/fil ... ons0.9.zip|||nice.



I like your sig.

Quote:|||You done it again! Definitely grabbing this. 4x resource and 4x build speed is . . . frightening. Now we need a serious Sorian AIx to fight. I can hardly wait.



Reccomend that you change the thread title to [REL-FA] as discussed in the forum about a separate FA mod forum, to aid the forum search engine. ("FA" is too short to use as a search term.)|||Thank you Sorian!|||What's the multiplier for AIx without the mod installed?|||The defaults fir the mod are set up to be the same as if you didn't have the mod installed.



Build Rate: 2x

Resource Rate: 2x

Full Map Omni: On|||Play 4X 4X once. :shock: It's insanity times 12. It's impossible by yourself but with an AI ally it's hilarious. Experimentals by the 9 minute mark :lol:|||Gave this a whirl . . . . full 4x wickedness, no omni. That was frightful! The AI had scouts in my base before I had my first engineer built. Sorian, you've created a monster.|||Glad you are enjoying it.|||Love it! :D|||Now all we need is for you to start applying your Sorian Goodness to the code itself. Bring some of vanilla Sorian's AI to FA, with it's fixed transport code and etc, and it'll be a real ballbuster.|||Thanks Sorian, so been waiting for this :)



(I don't post much because these forums are just way to slow for me in the UK :( )|||hey there bud



nice mod a really good idea to help taylor the existing AI through a simple edit while you ge to work on the meat and potatoes of the AI.



I get my copy next friday so will defo check out then thanks for your had work man. and I look faward to feeding back info soon.



As for Forums being slow for UK guys Wizzkidy, I find that there not so bad, Im in the UK too with a very tempramental 512Kb connection and I tend to find the forums have good days and bad days.|||Awesome, thanks Sorian, all I need now is FA... ;)



I noticed some new AI markers in the FA maps, looked interesting...|||I have an odd problem with this mod for some reason when using a cheating AI with any settings it'll build experimentals but it will not attack with them, it attacks with normal units fine. I remove your mod and it'll attack with the experimentals.



Having looked at the source behind it this puzzles me as I dont think what you mod does should affect the AI in this way =s|||Krogothzero: That is a known bug with the AI affecting land experimentals except the fatboy.|||Actually I think it also effects CZARs, I've seen them not move anyway, and I believe someone else has also reported this elsewhere.



Besides that, this is a very nifty tool!



I modded this file of yours slightly myself to give me more possible cheat levels, I don't know who's insane enough to go up against an AI with 4x cheats and can see everything.



I first put in the option to put build speed cheat to just 1, because even 1.5 is pretty darn fast, though I did put their resources at 2. Unfortunatly it didn't kick as much *** as I had hoped, but at 1.25 build speed and 2 for resources it becomes a whole lot more interesting, I had a great time with that setting, playing 2 vs 2. (humans vs Sorian AI).



I feared the AIs might waste a lot of mass becuase they don't cheat their build speed as fast as their resources, but this wasn't true at all. Which is great!



If you intend to put out an other version of this at any point I'd suggest making it possible to put either of the cheats to 1 as well, and smaller steps for the build speed cheat, it matters a lot.



Cheers|||Kutsu shita|||Quote:|||ALX AI's are hard due to the speed boost, i would give them extra resources but build rate the same. 2x is insaine i get carpet bombed on the 9 min mark T2 flak don't seem to help keep the T3 bombers away.|||I changed multiplier in Sorians mod a little bit.



AIx Cheat Multiplier: 1.0 to 1.5 in 0.1 increments

AIx Build Mulitplier: 1.0 to 1.5 in 0.1 increments





Then I played a game against 2 AIx Tech AIs with the cheat multiplier adjusted to 1.3 and build multiplier to 1.1.

Like this the Ais could not overrun me at the beginning of the game and gave me a nice fight for map control.|||Sorian,



Lurkilys idea about a sliding scale is cool, but could you also add a timeout?



To keep it simple, maybe add sliders for cheat start time and a cheat end time in minutes?



Also I second the idea of allowing the others to go down to 1. I think the AI's pretty good a managing its resources so would like to set that to boost to 1.|||Feck, watch out for the Tech AI with this mod, it goes Tac missile crazy and snipes half your base before you realise what the hell is going on.|||I uploaded a new version (same link) that allows options from 1.0 to 4.0 in .25 increments.



A slider is not an option in the lobby menu, the lobby system does not allow for it.



I also fixed a minor bug.|||How about this?



AIx cheat start time - 0, 3, 5, 10, 15 minutes

AIx cheat stop time - 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, Never

No comments:

Post a Comment