Monday, April 16, 2012

[REL FA] Rapid Fire Artillery Defense for FA v2.0 11/05/2008

New Version Released! for FA v2.0

I noticed an annoying hole in defense between t2 artillery and t3 artillery

The problem -

T3 Arty has enormous range but terrible accuracy and very slow fire rate.

T2 Arty has good accuracy but tiny range and slow fire rate.

T2 Point defense has good fire rate but low damage and very tiny range.



The solution -

Find the latest version Here!! Download the .zip file



v1.3 ALSO added Mobile Rapid Fire Artillery units to UEF Cybran and Aeon

v1.4 Lowered Damage of MRFA and changed shell to light artillery

v1.5 Improved Accuracy of MRFA for balance reasons

v1.6 !!NOTICE!! installation instructions have changed!! balance and improvements



What is it used for? Mainly defense as a support of T2 point defenses. Very good a stopping oncoming onslaughts from the sea or land. If you can manage to build one near the enemy base, it provides devastating fire support for your sieging troops.



Installation Notes -

This mod is packaged in an .zip file

Unzip the contents the .zip file into your LOCAL MODS FOLDER



EX. C:\Users\batteryAcid\Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Supreme Commander Forged Alliance\Mods



If this folder doesn't exist you can create it



DELETE any previous version of this mod INCLUDING the old .scd format in your /gamedata folder please



Other notes - on small maps this unit can be a game ending construction, but on larger maps (where it's need is more obvious) It plays more a defensive role keeping your ACU safe from heavy sieges.|||hmmm, interesting, i like the sound of these i think i'll give em a try later.|||Works great.



But 32200 HP is a bit too high ;)|||grr i always manage to overlook something! Thanks for the heads up :)|||Looks pretty good - I'll give these a whirl . . . probably not until tues though. Vacation's over.|||Nice pics.

I'll try out this mod sometime.|||I don't think the desktop.ini files need to be in the SCD. :wink:|||yeah that pesky desktop.ini just appears when i zip up the archive, i don't know what it's for but i just left it alone. Hope it doesn't tell you any of my dirty secrets . . :) jk|||The name of the mod is misleading (makes you think it's something to protect your from incoming T3 arty), but the units are cool. :)|||mangriff|||Thygrrr - That's a good idea! ill work on that one next to counter this unit's obvious advantage if within range of the base. I didn't even think about the name that way.|||Your hitboxes are way too small. The blue boxes represent the collsion box.



Image



They should be a lot bigger, along with the health being less.|||Your new turrets are very good, but just one thing...



You need to drop the HP down. A lot. 4000 to 6000 HP should do the trick. (It just isn't right to have six times the health of a HEAVY artillery installation such as the Duke.)|||I noticed another bug. The UEF Arty's Strategic icon is the T2 arty icon, instead of the T3 arty icon.



@mangriff

If you want I can send you a version with the bugs pointed out in this thread. I fixed the hitboxes, lowered the health, and fixed that strategic icon.|||oh I was going to do something like this... but it turned into mobile arty :D



still nice stuff, I'm guessing vanilla though?|||thanks for all the feedback



Thanks to Mooilo for the fixes to bugs we all noticed (except me of course)|||In cheat mode, hit CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + C at the same time. Be careful though- it eats performance (Both graphics and sim-speeds) like crazy.



PMing you the SCD now.|||For me, it seems the Aeon and the Cybran arti have a near 100% accuracy. Is this intentional, or is one of my other mods messing it up?



Though gotta question the damages. The arties fire at about the same speed, but from what I saw, a single shell in Zion does 4000 dmg (the "burn" included), Jackhammer 2000, and the Trigger only a 1000. Maybe it might be a little more balanced if the total damages only had a difference of... what about 500 maybe? I think that might work out, taking that the cybran arti has a nice area of effect, its dmg per shell might be good at about 1500. The Uef version is fine, but the Aeon arti might do something like 2500.



Though the testing was fun! Set up a few of these against a Supreme Ai, got 3 GCs coming at me, but no problem! I had 9 Triggers set up in the middle of my base, those suckers got blown up before they got into firing range. And this was without the help of additional cannons or units. :D|||glad you like them! I left the damages the same from the T2 arty.

Call me a stickler but I figure if it fires the same shell, it should do the same damage. The only differnece (in my imaginary world) :



use a bigger gun to fire the same bullet = more accuracy / range / and recoil time (since the barrels are bigger)

use 3 barrels and now you've got my units.

The arty is unequal in vanilla if you check them out, however i know that artillery plays differently for each faction depending on their playing style and thus balances overall. So you ARE right about the mod being not totally balanced. I made each of these cost the same/ fire the same distance / at the same rate, so to be fair, they should do the same total damage.

I'll treat that issue in the next release coming very soon addressing these minor details.

once again, thanks for your enthusiasm!|||mangriff|||alright, version 1.1 is done, nothing big, just the fixes you noticed. IE



Turrets all now have 3200 hp

Accuracy for all turrets has been reduced to 2 randomness

damages have been balanced-

cybran - splash 4 - dam 1000

UEF - splash 3 - dam 2000

aeon - splash 2 - dam 3000 (6 pulses of 500)

hit boxes are all a more appropriate size



Next to do - I'm going to begin a new set of units for each faction

Here are the units that I think are needed -



Land to Sea torpedo defense - build near water and it shoots torpedoes into the water in case you loose your coast line all together



Anti-artillery gun - high powered single shot laser that takes out incoming heavy artillery fire, med/small radius, lots of power but will save your shields from heavy guns



Thas all so far|||i can already see some problems with your Anti-Arty gun. but i'll answer your questions about why it wont work when the time comes(or if you even encounter the problem)|||mangriff|||yeah, you're right about the anti arty gun, It's just something that I thought would be neat, in all likelihood, I am going to push myself in making more outa the heros of today mod and abandon doing a unit pack for these factions. This one was just for fun! I still like watching the tri artys though :)



Notes - apparently the bp file wants FiringRandomness to be capitalized, so I have to release v1.2 with that fixed. Currently the aeon and cybran don't have any randomness to their shots, not good. Sorry for the quick and wasted version. Please update your scd file to v1.2 to enjoy these guns.

New Version is or at the top - Thanks to Mazrix for pointing this out :P|||Any idea when/if these will be updated for FA? I'd do it myself but I'd rather not, because I am debugging my own mod for FA now.

No comments:

Post a Comment