Friday, April 13, 2012

[REL][SC2]Campaign Cheating

[:1]I decided to not beat around the bush, it is cheating. This is the only version of this I plan to make unless it doesnt work for any one other then me. This is possible since I have a lot of modifications made to my pathing to try and get other types of modding to work.



To install, unzip it in your 'My Documents/My Games/Gas Powered Games/Supreme Commander 2' directory.



http://filesmelt.com/dl/campaigncheating.zip



Note, this makes getting most achievements trivial (even on hard).|||You know, this brings up an interesting subject.



Maybe the reason why modding has been for the most part disabled in the retail version is to prevent people from getting achievements so easily.



Just speculation of course.|||Unless achievements actually do something other than make you feel good, that's a terrible reason to disable modding.|||Valve has a history of going after people who do achievements either through exploits, botting, or cheating.



And yes, a part of me wonders if that is the reason as well.|||Sounds silly, achievements are only there to show what you've done, all in all rather pointless unless they add some sort of bonuses to the gameplay. Can't really be the reason to not allow modding... :/|||Torchlight had the same problem with modding making it easy to get achievements (irony is there were even achievements for running X number of mods :P). They didn't seem to worry/care though, because the achievements don't actually do anything, not even add to a gamerscore a'la xbox (which I initially thought was bad, but now I think is smart on valve's part, so they didn't have to worry about modders or people who cheat).|||interesting, thank you for sharing your cheat seiya, appreciated!

I'm not sure this is enough to get me to buy supcom2, but it is a start.|||Mooilo|||Achievements, the bane of modern civilization... :P

No really, imagine all the people wasting their lives just to get some.|||Ghaleon|||This mod does not work for me. Does anyone know how I could enable cheats?|||How did you use it? Did you unzip to where I said?|||Yes. I just found out it does work. I wasn't looking for resource production, I was looking for debug mode. Do you know how to activate it?|||Debug is completely disabled as far as anyone can tell. That mod is just about the only cheating you can do right now.|||That's retarded...|||how do you download it? every time i click the link it just opens another window..|||Just to throw this out there, but if you create a new unit/building, it shows up in the campaign. Seiya's trio of units? funny imbaness in campaign. :p|||Does this work in skirmish?|||Hey thanks for the release of the campaign cheat! :D
EDITED - I was wrong about what I typed earlier. my bad for the mistake!|||Mazrix|||8MB? wow, that would explain GPG's hesitation to release patches.
mind if you shout us a source on that?|||Pc and xbox 360 share the same license?|||Bobucles|||Does anyone still have this and does it work? The links broken and I really want it|||Anyone still have this? I've beaten the campaign several times, and want something to amuse me in regards to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment