Thursday, April 12, 2012

[FA - REL] Total Mayhem Mod

[:1]Total Mayhem
Image
This mod has no real goal, except for adding more awesome units to Forged Alliance! Unfortunately there will be no new units for seraphim. But I will keep on creating units for the other 3 factions.
This mod has been in active development since november 2010, and it has had alot of changes since then!
Mod homepage:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/total-mayhem1
Gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7CyMsra_aM
Screenshots:
Image
Image
Image
Image|||a complete changelist and unit list is always nice to have|||Been checking this mod out once in awhile on ModDB. That's alot of tanks. I'll be honest, I'm not really a fan of the designs and textures, might be worth it to give the latter another shot at.
Oh yeah, also, the tanks lack the factional design diversity, so it's kinda weird to see every faction using tracked vehicles.|||Lt_hawkeye|||burnie i like the way your units look although they need to be improved. There are very talented and knowledgable gods of modders here so feel free to ask them :)
Does your units have Sorian AI support ?|||I just tried the mod, and I am actually disappointed.
What happened to faction diversity? How come the Seraphim get no units? All the present units have some intriguing designs, but all tanks, and a couple mechas? Meh... Not all too exciting.
Also, your Icons make it impossible to tell if any of the units are Land only, or Amphibious. Another thing, your Aeon units... Dont really look like Aeon Units. Also, Have you balanced everything? Some of your units have enough firepower to be in a higher tier.
One more thing, your 'super mechs'? Shouldnt be built in factories. They should be built like any normal experimental. Your T3 Rocket turrets are unlocked at T2, which is very game breaking.
But other then those things, very nice work ^^ *Especially loves the T2 Cybermech, though its a bit OP)|||burnie222|||Thank you all for your feedbacks :)
yes, Im aware my units lack factional diversity... I started modding in late last year, and Im still learning how to model :)
This was simply an easy way for me to get used to how supcom works. I have alot of different units simply because I tried different things with every new unit I made.
Also, I love "modern" looking tanks ;)
well, about the SuperMechs Brandon... I tried adding them as experimental builds, but that meant the AI would make one, and send it alone in battle. What I wanted was for the AI to use them in their battle groups. I know it sacrifices common sence, with the mechs being so big and all. But the battles are so much more brutal this way. :)
Anyway, I really appreciate your thoughts guys. And I really want to make my units look more like their own factions etc, but I just cant do it yet, as Im struggling with UVW mapping and creating my own textures. Im using a vanilla texture for most my units, which is a problem.
CanRaps|||Just tried out the mod and I would have to agree with the others. The units are mostly quite similar and there is a lack of factional diversity (which in retrospect is quite realistic when considering real world militaries). The tanks feel too similar (like mix and match of different number of turrets, rocket launcher etc) making it hard to differentiate between them. You may want to limit to just a few good tank designs per tech and narrow down the mod to the really unique designs and focus on them. There are a couple units that really stand out, including the mechs, laser tank and megafortress.
There seems to be a lot of attention put into the projectiles and effects and the end result is pretty good with much variety. The 'dust lifting of the ground when main gun is fired' effect is a really nice addition.
burnie222|||I think this is a promising mod. I like the rocket batteries, quite like MLRS artillery and the T3/T4 defences are all good. The tanks, as has been pointed out, are very non-descript and don't fit the canon of SC or FA. It would be better to have a fifth race (Human (fools!)) with all this contemporary hardware at their disposal and the reconditioned mechs looking like piloted versions of the standard sides T3's would be awesome.
Maybe you could combine elements of "Heroes of Today" mod with yours to create a proper fifth race? That mod has some great contemporary fighters, a few tanks and even some human units?
Keep up the good work!
Keep cool,
Ummphoo|||ok guys, I have decided to follow your tips, and remove most "useless" units, and replace my models with new ones that represent their faction. I have learned alot lately both about modelling and texturing. I will probably have to redo most of my mod, but in the end I belive it will be worth it.
I made this Mech a little while ago, but I retextured it with the textures from the Loyalist.
Image
I recently created a MadCat Mech.
Image
And here is the latest model I finished. Its an Aeon BattleMech called the Uziel.
Image
Some of you probably know the last two from another game. I myself havent played these battle tech games, so please dont expect these mechs to behave and work the same as that game.
I created those "battletech" models from looking at pictures on google. :)
Also, keep in mind that Im still learning how to texture right, but Im getting there, slowly but steadily. :P|||I love the Madcat model =p I made one myself a long time ago, and I like taht one better XD
Is it animated?|||brandon007|||Woah, those are nice models!! Cant wait to try em.|||ah, forgot to post a picture of this UEF experimental Mech I made a week ago.
Image
Also, Im working on balancing stuff out, so that it becomes more compatible with other mods etc. (with balancing I mean lower damage and armor values etc, since they were pretty high in my mod...)|||Excelent Uziel! Are you planning on on keeping it a relatively fast mech? The light armor offset the speed and attack strength. Although looking from your model it looks alot better than the games they were in.
Neato! :D|||Ion|||Heres my latest work:
Aeon T3 Battle tank
Image
UEF Experimental Light Mech
Image
Ive created much better icons for my units, and have tried my best to balance alot of units, as well as removed quite alot of them.|||Looks awsome!|||You should use the icon support mod to get the ingame pictures without taking screenshots, might look better overall.
Lol the Owens is definately UEF. Awesome!|||is that Owen by chance based off an awesome Arm Custom unit from TA? i think it had the same name? if so, awesome.
edit: chances are said TA unit was based of a MW mech.|||The Owens is from BattleTech. As is the Uziel.|||How can you guys be downloading mods for a video game full of giant robots and not know about Battletech/Mechwarrior? That's like saying "I love chocolate." and then "What's that?" when someone shows you a picture of a brownie.|||Ok, I need some help.
Can anyone tell me what I have to do to make the AI attack with my experimental units?
Im having some trouble making the AI use my experimentals to attack.
for example.
I have added the units in these platoons "T4LandExperimental1" and "T4LandExperimental2".
The AI builds my exp-units, but when they are finished building, they do absolutely nothing with them. They just stand randomly around where they were built.
how can I fix this?|||burnie222

No comments:

Post a Comment