Monday, April 16, 2012

[WIP-SC2] Total Annihilation

Adding this to the growing list of wip-projects. But it will eventually see the light of day...|||madface|||Be nice!!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
But there's no reason why this mod can't be a community effort...|||So when will this thread actually serve a purpose?
Mike|||Right now, it's just a placeholder. I'm planning on getting some units functional some time this summer, though.|||So, you've started a Thread NOW, for a mod you plan to work on in the Summer?
Why not just wait to make the thread in the summer?
Mike|||In terms of having something concrete, then yeah, the thread could be saved for later. But often times I get bored working on only one project for extended periods of time and so I rotate my projects.
Also, as I get ideas, I jot them down in the thread and get feedback, or people volunteer ideas.
But, I sense you're getting a little teed-off with me so I wont make anymore "WIP" threads until the ones I currently have all becom REL... :lol:
Just spamming ambition :lol: :lol: :lol:|||madface|||LD?|||OrangeKnight|||It doesn't because as you said, its "wholly unrelated".
Next time just wait until you either have something to show or are actively working on it, because I'm willing to bet cash that between now and summer it'll be necro'd at least once asking if the project is being worked on, and that is a hassle for me.
Mike|||Im thinking of remaking some TA units for FA... However, I wanna get a really good Krogoth Model in there... And unfortunatly theres not any places to download any models X-x|||madface|||Oh, ok. No, I'm at least going to attempt to balance things.
But my approach to modding is a bit different from "here's my mod, play it". My mindset is more of a supporting role in that people should make mods the way they would like to play them and not necessarily what I like (notwithstanding that I will release mods that will be specific in nature to what I like). So, think of porting the rest of the FA units that LoD didn't port over to SC2, and also now the TA units, as more of a full spectrum that you can pick and choose what elements you want to be in a mod. The mod toolkit I'm working on should make it more accessible for people to do just that.|||madface|||And how are you gonna do the really neat units like the commanders? Or the Krogoth? Total A was a very different game then SupCom, Porting over units, and making new textures with the animations is alot of hard work =o|||@LoD
Nice. Saves me a bit of work :P
@brandon
I've asked Raevn if I can port over his mod to SC2. If he permits, then it'll save a lot of time. If not, then I'll have to do everything myself from scratch. But even then, just because it will be a lot of work, that's no excuse to give up. So what if it takes a long time to make progress. I'm not in any hurry to have to release something at any particular point in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment