Monday, April 16, 2012

Mod Logo on Build Icons

Hi,
Here's something I think custom unit packs should really do: have a small logo on the build icon to represent what mod team it belongs to. I remember TA unit packs did this and I think it was a good idea.
I don't mean anything overly large that would get in the way, just a tiny little symbol or colour in the corner of the build pic.
Example:
Image
Ninja'd from BlackOps thread as it was convenient for an example - hope this is ok guys.
Thoughts?|||Hi,
I like this idea!
cool|||Well I don't I think it is unesthetic, and not really useful. No need to clog the buildpics.|||I'm not seeing a need for this honestly.
Mike|||There is no need and its purely cosmetic, would be nice to have the ability to add a mini 4dc logo on 4dc units on the build icons.. no idea what resin would think about this.. but i think its a neat idea..|||I'll look into this for 4DC....
Resin|||hehe,
i can add it to mod support, should be easy! that is if sam dont mind me using his idea in my mod. :)|||Domino|||I wouldn't even call it "my idea" tbh, it's just an observation from TA that unit packs had and when I first started downloading Supcom packs I thought it was weird no one was doing it.
It's kinda nice when you have multiple packs installed to know what comes from where.|||Resin_Smoker|||I could easily ater each icon maualy but that wouldn't be as spiffy as a UI ran system that Domino wants to do. Nor as versitile.... there is alot that can be done with this. You could add custom veterancy bars specific to each faction or player, and unit stats of all kinds.
Resin|||Sam37|||we couldnt do anything for the older mods regarding a icon but we can defo add it to our own units and mod packs from now on. Ill add it to mod support then if you want to add a lil icon on your units build icons.. you can just add it to the units bp .. and it will be shown.|||Domino|||Resin_Smoker|||I actually thought it would just be a case of putting the pic on each unit's icon file, but it sounds like you're going one better!|||[/quote]:D cool beans, i just looked over the code.. should take me around 20 mins to implement this.. but prolly more like 40 mins to an hour.. :) ill do it tomorrow as i have the afternoon to my self.. :)[/quote]
beam fences anyone... :wink:|||The thing is.... He wasn't kidding.|||Hi,
Ok, It is added.. and works fine.. took around 10 mins to add,
To add a mod icon to a units build icon, just pop an
entry into that units blueprint under the StratIconName called ModIconName..
icons are stored in textures/ui/common/icons/modicons/
and i must say.. it looks rather cool.. and doesnt look out of place..
here is a quick image..
Image
i used the uef engi strat icon just for testing, as i didnt have a correctly formatted 4DC icon to hand to put in there.. look bottom right of the pic, you will see the teleporter has 2 icons.. top left and bottom right.. :)
nice idea sam, thx for sharing with us :)|||"Cool Beans"
When I finally release my own little unit pack (in about 976 years) I'll be doing it too.|||LOL
Sam37|||Nice one. :)|||FuryoftheStars

No comments:

Post a Comment